One Family currently has one position available!
Program Coordinator for College and Career Coaching
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Coordinator for College and Career Coaching provides a mix of coaching (client-driven, goal-oriented, and forward-thinking) and counselling (providing resources, information and tools that allow for informed decision making) that helps participants in our direct service programs achieve their academic goals, access careers, build assets and move towards economic independence. The ideal candidate will be organized, enterprising, and equally capable of working autonomously and on a small team. Furthermore, (s)he must be solution-oriented, positive, and must be able to demonstrate keen judgment coupled with empathy.
Full Position Description and Application Instructions
- Coach and counsel direct service participants to: assess their existing skills and credentials; understand the earnings needed to support their family and potential family-sustaining careers; identify additional credentials and/or experience needed to enter an appropriate career and the costs associated; and develop a comprehensive plan to reach their career goal (including specific institutions, choice of degree or certificate, financing and timeline).
- With support from the Director of Programs, refine and enhance the existing coaching framework for One Family Scholars.
- Create and develop workshops and trainings uniquely tailored to participantsí academic success, career development, asset development, leadership/civic engagement, and more.
- Collaborate on cross-departmental projects and events, and share program goals and outcomes across the organization via staff trainings.
- Track goals, analyze participant progress, and create reports and dashboards based on progress toward goals.
Program Coordinator for College and Career Coaching position description in pdf format